January 4, 2011

Look back: Michael Kruse's 2010 brief reads

Here's a look back at our top brief reads lists of 2010!

Michael Kruse

"Hit-and-run victim was quiet and dependable, co-workers say," by Andy Meacham, St. Petersburg Times, Sept. 29
Tears in my eyes while reading in my kitchen on the morning it ran.

"Glenn Beck's rally recap is one way to fill an hour," by Hank Stuever, Washington Post, Aug. 31
Hank had me at the bulletproof vest.

"The sadness of seeing Ali like this," by Wright Thompson, ESPN.com, Sept. 24
My favorite thing Wright wrote all year, and Wright wrote a lot of really good things.

"War rages on after medic returns from Iraq," by Jeb Phillips, Columbus Dispatch, May 3
The gun rattled against his teeth in the second sentence of the story. I'm reading on.

"Love lands ... and moves quickly," by Tommy Tomlinson, Charlotte Observer, Dec. 17
A story so simple, told so well.

"'Get the fuck down!'" by C.J. Chivers, NYTimes.com, April 21
Is a video a read? I don't even care. It's a story, and you can't not watch this.

-matt

No comments:

Post a Comment