December 21, 2010

Costumed heroes and criminals

Winston Ross (The Daily Beast): It is just after 4 p.m. on a drizzly weekday in Lake Forest Park, Washington, where I'm waiting for the self-appointed Guardian of Seattle to take me out for some crime-fighting.

We have already discussed the rules via blocked cell phone calls. After we climb into the second-story window of a crack house, a condemned building in the city's Chinatown, I am to at all times walk only when flanked by two superheroes to the front, and two to the back. I may only enter a room after it has been "cleared." Cameras are not only tolerated but welcome, so long as I promise to delete any photographs that reveal the superheroes' license plates or, worse, their faces, should masks get ripped off in a scuffle with scofflaws.

-eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment